Saturday, April 4, 2015

Hooking Portraits...

I'm putting together a "portrait kit" for a summer project. It's going to be a self portrait. In fact, it's the ID picture I use on this very blog... If you look closely at my picture you'll notice I only have ONE eyebrow penciled in, haha!! I will bet my rent on the fact that I started the day with two penciled in eyebrows. I must have wiped one off. And with all my five sisters in the background I'm surprised I got away with wearing only one even for a short time! Anyway....
This will be my first portrait period. I've already purchased two packs of flesh tones from Tish Murphy. I received them in the mail yesterday. I'm very happy with this purchase. I will dig thru my stash of wool to find something for the blouse I'm wearing, but I still must decide what to do about the background. And then there's my hair, not sure what to do about that...
What I really wish is to take an online course on hooking realistic portraits. I did find someone from Canada who is giving a course at the end of this year or early in 2016!! Bummer, to have to wait that long. Indeed this hooker knows her craft so yes I will wait! Meanwhile, I will figure it out on my own. The best part is, I get to hook in my missing eyebrow... Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment